Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kind of Wonderful

It's Sunday, and that means there are new releases at DigiStamps4Joy. There are some spectacular new releases today, so make sure and check out the store!
I love frames!  Add a quick dash of color, stamp a sentiment, add some paper and embellishments, and you have a card.  I chose to work with just such a frame today:


The new digi I used, released today, is called "Flower Circle."  With very little effort, I was able to size it so I could cut it with a Lifestyle Crafts die, and then cut another slightly larger circle with a die one size larger. And, that is the one of the joys of digis -- being able to alter the size to fit my dies, instead of needing to buy more dies to fit my stamps!


I also sized it large enough to use this quote from Close To My Heart, because I really like it. I colored the image with ShinHan Touch Twin markers.
I won the designer paper at a LSS crop night over a year ago and no longer remember who's it is.  Maybe Fancy Pants?  The corregated sheet is from Fancy Pants. 
I got these Skittles a while ago from a friend, but had never used them.  I thought it was time!  Skittles finish off the card.
Don't forget to check out the DigiStamps4Joy blog for other great inspiration using today's new releases!

 I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- August Linky Party
Craft for the Craic -- a craft item you have never used before (Skittles)
Path of Positivity -- Possibilities (this quote, for me, is all about possibilities)
Stamplorations Challenge blog -- Stamps and Dies (1 of 3)
AUD Sentiment Challenge -- Thinking of you type sentiment
Milk Coffee Challenge -- 2 or More Diecuts (used 2)
Scrapbooker PhD -- go digital


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, lovely coloring and great job layering your design, Julie. Yet another beautiful creation my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Julie! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love the flower image. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The flower is so lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful design with such inspirational wording. This is so perfect for our POSSIBILITIES theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sentiment, and your card is clean and crisp, two of my favorite adjectives. Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for frames too. I like your simple layout as well Julie. That quote is nice and definitely speaks to possibilities. Thank you so much for joining our us during the last challenge on the Path of Positivity.

    Regards,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete