Saturday, January 30, 2016

Key To My Heart -- Coloring Without Boundaries and Lacy Sunshine

I am super excited to share this post with you today!  Heather  Valentin, artist of the ever-delightful Lacy Sunshine images, has started a new Facebook coloring group called Coloring Without Boundaries.  It is a group to share all your coloring projects.  Today is also the launch of a new challenge on the Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog.  Visit the blog for details, and to see the fantastic showcase coloring pieces for this uber talented design team!

I used the delightful new image, Lil Tumble's Enchanted Keyhole
Here's what I created: 



 Let me take you through the process of how I got there:

Starting with skin.... I used Copic markers throughout.  E0000, E00, E04, E11,E21,R20:



Then, I added her hair.  I love this hair combo!  It's B99, B93, V04, and I used C01 as my lightest color.  I color my hair from dark to light.  Her green eyes are: G20, G21, G24, and G28.


Next, her dress.  I wanted a color that would match the hair, so I chose a shade of violet.  I used V000, V01, V04, and V09.  I said I color hair dark to light, but the dress, and most everything else, I color light to dark.  I put my lightest (in this case V000) color down first.  Then, I jump to my darkest color (here, it was V09), then work my way back down to the lightest color.

After the dress, I finished the rest of the project --
Keys -- Y11, Y23, Y26, Y28
Keyhole -- E70, E71, E74
Vines -- G40, G43, G46
Flowers -- YG00, RV00, Rv02, RV04
Dragonfly -- BV00, BV01, BV04, V000, BG000, BG01


I wanted to finish this piece into a card, although it isn't a requirement for the new coloring challenge blog.  She just seemed to need something with a key behind her, and a "key to my heart" sentiment.  Here she is, fussy cut and on a card:

I cut the key out on my Silhouette Cameo.  The background paper is from Michele R Designs.  The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with a heart-shaped die. 

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you like the colors on her hair... that is delightful! You hava a wonderful light touch and blending skills Julie! I would love to hear in one of your posts about your technique to achieve the very pastel and lightly colored costumes.
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete